cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 1 of 4

BT Wi-fi app on Windows Mobile not logging in but ...

Sometimes it does log in automatically but sometimes it does not log in yet if I go to the browser login page and enter the exact same user name and password it *does* log in (and has the nerve to suggest I download the app).  Anyone else experienced this or got any helpful suggestions?  As a bye the bye I never see this on my Andoid tablet which always happily logs in automatically.

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Wi-fi app on Windows Mobile not logging in but ...

Annoying.  I suspect a glitch with the service and windows phones. BT just caught up with windows.

You could try deleting and reinstalling the app but you might have to live with it 😞

AQ.
"Welcome to Royston Vasey - You'll never leave."

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 3 of 4

There are a few possibly related issues:

1) If I go back to the app after it has already successfully logged in then it gives an "error" saying it can't log in.  Well, huh!  Of course.  How about a more reassuring message saying "you are already logged in"?

2) Sometimes the app, if already open, does not log in to a new hot spot but if I close and re-open the app then it does.  Which could be related to

3) If I have been logged on to one hot spot then changed location it does not seem to recognise that and that it should forget the old one and log in to the new one.

And finally

4) If I get back home after using BT hot spots while out and about it often (mostly) connects to my own open hot spot rather than to my private wi-fi.  This one, I accept, could be down to the WM OS not handling prioritisation of wi-fi networks very well.

Certainly seems that they knocked off the WM version of this app when they got back from the pub one Friday lunchtime.

0 Ratings
gomezz
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 4

Finally got the OS update for my WM phone to 8.1.  Need to review the points I made in my previous posts to see if there is any difference.  Watch this space ...

0 Ratings