cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT WiFi App Draining Battery

A number of times lately, I've got up in the morning to find my iPhone is dead.  Looking at the battery usage, I see that the BT Wifi app is active in the background during the night - strangely, starting at 3a.m.  I think it's looking for a BT Wifi hotspot but don't know for sure.  My home wifi is available all night so I don't understand what it's trying to do.  If it carries on, I'm sorely tempted to delete the app altogether.  Can anyone advise?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT WiFi App Draining Battery

go to app then connection settings and turn off stay connected

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Aha. That's interesting. When I open the app it's asks me to log on - but then, when I log on with my BT account credentials, it tells me I'm not opted in to BT Wifi. So maybe that's the answer - without being opted in, there's no point me having the app installed.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Bt Broadband customers are automatically signed in to BTWIFI and requires a manual effort to sign out of BTWIFI

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Indeed. But I opted out some time ago because my understanding was that I had to share my home wifi.
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

you don't share your home wifi but your hub sends out a BTWIFI network which other people can use but it is totally separate from your home network which remains secure

if you have opted out then no point in having the BTWIFI app

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Sure - I realise they wouldn't actually be sharing the same network.
Clearly, the answer for me is to delete the app.
Thanks
0 Ratings