cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
winelight
Contributor
Message 11 of 20

Re: BT_WiFi ((Fon) bit of a moan.....

I've received the same email about a bug in the firmware. However, my event log doesn't show any TR069 messages to disable the BT WiFi/FON.

0 Ratings
costabunny
Beginner
Message 12 of 20

Well its still playing silly beggars 😞 

I have lost count of the many attempts to get past the first line BB tech team I have tried.  I have also been told I am totally wrong and all I am seeing is the country-wide public hotspots!  Even when I provide logs, and screen dumps they still keep trying to fob me off 😞 

Grrrr as a lifer from the trenches myself (20+ years in IT) its frustrating.  All I want the 2nd line chaps to do is setup a HH5 with BTWiFi: Off and post it to me so I can swap it with my tretcherous box of chippery.

am drafting a 5megatone letter to vent my splean at the managers (whom also seem to have an aversion to calling me, despite the BB teams insistance that my requests are always passed on).

The new firmware seems ok, no obvious isssues as yet.  just ignores the BT Wifi == OFF every time it gets its profile ftome CWMP servers.

there thats some of it out there.  I am sure I am not the only geek to feel quite patronised when trying to get tech support.  

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 20

Hi costabunny,

Thanks for posting. Sorry you're still having problems. If you haven't already done so drop us an email as per NeilO's previous post and we'll be happy to help.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
winelight
Contributor
Message 14 of 20

I tried that but it didn't help - I just got the reply saying there is a firmware bug.

And in any case I've just checked my event log, and my hub never gets sent any messages to turn off the open WiFi.

0 Ratings
chiddyj
Aspiring Contributor
Message 15 of 20

Hi, sorry to interupt in this post! Sounds like a right nightmare you're going through and i'm also having issues with BT with 'My extras' missing.

Just a question, i've recently asked to turn WiFiBT with FON off (I couldn't opt out of the service by via the Wifi site due to not having a BT email address as i registered MY BT under my gmail account) and the BT team turned this off on my behalf, im still waiting for the hotspot to disappear from my router but it takes up to 30 days apprently, however does TR069 messages tell you when someone trying to connect to the hotspot?

Thanks,

James.

0 Ratings
winelight
Contributor
Message 16 of 20

The TR069 messages are the instructions from the network to your router to turn the BT WiFi off, yes. At least that's my understanding.

0 Ratings
costabunny
Beginner
Message 17 of 20

Another Update:

Having raised this to a complaint; I was sent a nice replacement homehub.  Plugged in and set it up and (for a while) it was fine - no BT WiFi.

Then during wee dark hours of the morning it went and got its firmware update, and rebooted 😞 Crunch - it once again re-enabled the dreaded BT WiFi public hotspots.

11:59:39, 05 Feb.	( 193.550000) BT WiFi (using 5GHz) enabled via TR69
11:59:39, 05 Feb.	( 193.550000) BT WiFi (using 2.4GHz) enabled via TR69

so back on the chat, then put on the phone, and the charming lady who finally ended up with me; has gone off to ask the higher techies to manually switch it off from BT's end (even though my BT Profile has been showing BT WiFi = Opted out for over six months).  Will hear sometime in the next week or so.

/sigh 

0 Ratings
costabunny
Beginner
Message 18 of 20

FRAK YEH -  it's finally fixed 🙂

After all this hassle I finally managed to get someone who actually went to the higher tier techs and told them my problem as I DESCRIBED IT (not as the frontline broadband support gnomes missunderstood in every way possible without actually understanding); and this morning at 11:47 they manually disabled it for me 🙂 

It's survived a reboot and seems all is no well (router is more responsive in its backend and my initial DNS requests have become slightly more responsive also) - releif that finally my homehub is serving up one set of SSID's and Firewall policies.  🙂 

Happy Days

(If anyone else wants this - Speak to the bods on 0800 022 3322, opt2 and ask for a ticket to be raised with the higher tier techies to manually disable the BTWiFi service)

0 Ratings
winelight
Contributor
Message 19 of 20

And a further hint. Just before you ring that number, check your router. I checked mine a day or two ago and saw that the Open WiFi was still running, so today I made the call. But as I was talking to the guy, I went into the router web interface... and noticed that just this morning a load of TR069 messages had been received, and when I looked at the Helpdesk option I could see that the Open WiFi had indeed already been turned off!

0 Ratings
costabunny
Beginner
Message 20 of 20

well that was indeed too good to be true.

The next day the TR069 changed it back to enabled.  I am fed up to my back teeth with this situation.  Its appalling that this has been ongoing for over SEVEN F... MONTHS now! 😞