Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
TankSlappa
Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BT WiFi app won't connect.

I used to use the BT WiFi app without a problem on my Nexus 4, but following phone reset, it won't work. I cannot get past the setup screen.

I can log into BT WiFi routers manually from the web page so I know my details are correct.

Have tried uninstall/reinstall and also opting out/in.

The app says "getting credentials" then "sorry, there has been a problem logging you in, we'll try again next time you restart the app.".

I have tested on two devices. Both rooted. One a Desire Z with custom ROM 4.1.2 jelly bean, the other a Nexus 4 running 4.4.2 KitKat rooted standard ROM.
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
TankSlappa
Contributor
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT WiFi app won't connect.

I've just checked my Nexus 7 (2013) which is also running rooted 4.4.2 KitKat, but has not been reset recently. The BT WiFi app is working on there... And I remember the app having an update recently (after I would have configured it).

So I suspect the N7 already has a stored setup when the new app arrived.
Whereas my N4 and DZ didn't.

Conclusion, current BT WiFi app is incapable of creating a new config file in some (all?) situations, but will use an existing one from an older version.

I've had a quick play at taking the preferences XML file over from the N7, but without success. There are some encrypted fields, which may have been seeded with a unique device ID.

I'm going to check my backups to see if I have an older version of the BT WiFi apk anywhere.
0 Ratings
TankSlappa
Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Bump.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Did you see the last post on the other thread you posted on about this

https://community.bt.com/t5/BB-Out-About/BT-Wifi-App-Nexus-7-KitKat-Sorry-there-has-been-problem-get...

0 Ratings