Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rajinderpauluck
Contributor
Message 1 of 1

BT WiFi issues

Hi there,

I was wondering whether anybody can help me with my BT WiFi issues, basically I regularly connect to the BT WiFi hotspots on my laptop (mainly at home) and use the Cisco VPN service to secure my connections, however every so often the Cisco VPN service keeps breaking and comes up with the following message "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.", there doesn't seem to be a consistent pattern as to when the Cisco VPN service keeps breaking and have to re-establish with Cisco VPN service, occasionally I have experienced the following message "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 442: Failed to enable Virtual Adapter" but this is due to the Cisco VPN adapter not being enabled properly and have to manually re-enable it in the Change adapter settings before re-establishing a connection with the Cisco VPN service, does anyone know as to why the 412 error now and again happens?

Also occasionally after so many hours I get the following Cisco VPN service message "Secure VPN Connection terminated locally by the Client. Reason 412: The remote peer is no longer responding.", this indicates that the session for my connection has timed out and need to log back in again and to re-enable the Cisco VPN service, is there any way of extending the sessions times for the both the Cisco VPN service and the connection? It's just a few hours doesn't seem to be long enough that's all. Recently I have been downloading the preview for Windows 8.1, both x86 and x64 ISOs and have been taking ages to download, I can't conclude that this problem is due to inactivity as I was downloading 2 versions of the preview simultaneously when both the Cisco VPN service and the connection timed out. 

My laptop is a Sony VAIO VGN-FE11S, specs are mentioned here http://www.sony.co.uk/support/en/product/VGN-FE11S/specifications but has currently got Windows 8 Enterprise x86 as part of a 90-day free trial I downloaded from the Microsoft website as an ISO in which I burnt onto a DVD-RW. I've also forgot to mention that the wi-fi switch can be a bit dodgy and takes a bit of effort to turn it on at most times, do you think it could be this causing the 412 error or do you think it could be the hardware or software aspects of the laptop including the drivers as I left the laptop with the drivers that Windows downloaded from the Microsoft Update website as part of the installation, or could it be possibly my channel frequencies for either the wi-fi adapter and the Home Hub (we've got a Home Hub 3), the wi-fi adapter or the Home Hub? Your help would be much appreciated as it has been driving me mad for months, we're currently on BT Infinity Option 2 as part of our package. Lastly I've been checking the CPU, Memory and Disk usage in Task Manager and the CPU occasionally peaks over 40% and goes back down to roundabout 25% and stays around here at most times, Memory constantly stays around 800MB and Disk regularly peaks at 100% and mostly fluctuates. 

Thanks,

Paul             

0 Ratings