cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Empwan
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT WiFi with Amazon Fire Tv

For the past year and a bit I've been using Amazon Fire Stick and Amazon Fire TV box, to get access to streaming apps (Netflix, iPlayer etc) I've been using my BT WiFi login. This had been fine until last week, I used to login once a month or every couple of weeks, a bit annoying as the login page didn't use cookies so I had to type in everything every time. But now I have to login every couple of hours, the login screen will even interrupt a program being watched to re-login. This is unacceptable if doesn't do something about it I'm changing providers!
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT WiFi with Amazon Fire Tv

Welcome to this user forum.

The two hour limit is part of the BT WiFi T&Cs. Fair usage policy.

http://www.btwifi.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/fair-use-policy.jsp

You need to use your normal home hub wireles SSID, not the BT Wifi one, then you will not get disconnected.

How will changing providers help?

Highlighted
Empwan
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

It may be pay of their fair use policy, but only implement it now? I live away from home a lot and 90% of my use is via the WiFi. I expect anyone who lives in university accommodation, hotels, military accommodation all have the same "fair use policy" restrictions forced upon them.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

If you have exceeded your monthly minutes, then that is why the disconnection policy is affecting you. As far as I am aware, that policy has been in place for a long time.

You could buy extra time with vouchers, and use the public access page.

0 Ratings