cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Scottpeee
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT WiFi

Hi, I am having so much trouble getting the BT WiFi app to work on my smartphone, I took out a 12 month contract with BT at the start of the month which I asked for a PAC code from my previous provider which was supplied, I provided this to BT and after about a week and a few delays I got messages stating this has been done and my number and Sim have been activated.

But yet somehow my WiFi app doesn't work, when I try to log on using my credentials it says "there is something stopping the app using your credentials to log in, please visit BT.com to find out more" I log into BT using the same credentials and it says "we are working to make your WiFi service available" this message has not changed since the day I received the sim. I have called BT numerous times and they have all said the same thing "we don't know, try the forums or this help page or that help page" still nothing.

It allows me to log into both the "My BT" app and "BT Mobile" app using my same credentials but for some reason won't let me into the WiFi app.

Anyone having issues like this or know of a fix?

Thanks

Scott
Tags (1)
0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT WiFi

To use BTWifi you have to log on using your BTID.

You may find that your BTID needs to be an email address for it to work with BTWifi.

You can check your BTWifi status here 

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do

this will show if your BTID is been recognised by BTWifi.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Scottpeee
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Thanks, but you've misunderstood, I am having problems with the mobile WiFi app, not the home broadband.

Thanks anyway.

Scott
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Unless there is a different method for BT Mobile users, to use BTWifi via the app you have to log on in the method I posted above. The link I posted will tell you if your log on details are being recognised by BT.

0 Ratings