cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 8

BT WiFi

Go to solution

I am having problems with my internet speed running slow on PC & laptop and I am currently waiting for it to be fixed.  Being frustrated by the slow download speed, I thought I would try to log into BT WiFi to see it I got a better connection but it will not accept my normal BT login and password. I have used the BT WiFi before when I temporarily lost my broadband connection and logged in without any problem. Why will it not let me in now? I tried on both PC & laptop. This is beyond irritating. Please assist. Thanks.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT WiFi

Go to solution

Hi @Q854 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your broadband and the subsequent issues connecting to BT Wifi.  Are you using your primary BT ID and password, and do the same details work if you try and login to the MyBT website? 

Thanks 
Neil

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

Hi, thanks for responding. Yes, that's what is so frustrating.  I have to log in to my BT account in order to access this forum, so I know it works. Like I said, I have used it previously when I lost my broadband connection completely a few months ago.  I use my email address + a password that I've had for ages

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

When you select BT wifi as the network, it brings up a login page, select 'already a customer' and then in the account drop down list ensure you select BT Broadband rather than the default BTwifi before entering credentials.

Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Q854 Your MyBT and BT Community login details are not necessarily the same, the BT Community does not require a BT ID.  Are you getting an error message?

Just a thought, if your BT broadband is not working and you're trying to connect to the BT Wifi signal coming from your own Hub it may not work as that will also be affected by the same fault.

Thanks

Neil

Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

Yep. That did it. I Just logged in on my laptop and did a speed test - which turns out to be even slower than my own broadband connection! Never mind eh! Thanks for supplying the WiFi log-in solution anyway. Cheers.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

Do I not have to be logged in to 'MyBT' in order to access this community? I know it's a different user name & password for the community. 

My broadband is working, but it's only running at 16 or 17Mb/s instead of 50+ Mb/s, that's why I wanted to try the BT WiFi to see it it's any faster but now know it's much slower

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Hi @Q854 no, you don't have to log in to MyBT before accessing the community, if you bookmark www.bt.com/community you can log in directly. I understand, it was worth a try anyway. 

Do you have an engineer visit organised for the broadband speed problems? If you'd like to post your router stats on the fibre broadband boards we could take a look.

Thanks 

Neil

0 Ratings