Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
SlimShader
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BT Wifi App on Android

Hi,

I'm trying to get the BT Wifi app installed on my Samsung Galaxy S7 Edge which runs Android 7, and am having all kinds of issues...:

When I use the My BT page it takes me to iTunes...no good for Android.

When I go to the Play Store on the device, it doesn't list the BT Wifi app as an option

When I go to the Play Store on a PC, I can find the application, but it tells me that I have no compatable devices - it lists all 6 of my Android devices and says none are compatable...

Can somebody please tell me what the issue is here?

Thanks in advance!

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT Wifi App on Android

sounds like app has not yet been updated for Nougat - firmware 7

you can login to BTWIFI and use it without the app

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
SlimShader
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT Wifi App on Android

Thanks imjolly, you might be right about it not being available for Nougat as yet, but that still doesn't explain why it won't install on any of my older devices either - non of those have Nougat.

I'll check out the web version for sure, but it's not as convienient as having the app do all the connections for you. Better than nothing though, so thanks for the tip!

0 Ratings