Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
dfl1955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 5

BT Wifi App on the Desktop

Go to solution

I want to run the BT Wifi App so that my login to the BT Wifi and Openzone networks is handled automatically.

I am running a W8.1 Laptop and the error messages suggest I should use the "micorosft app store"; this can only be used if the windows login user is a miscorosft cloud/passport/remote account. I don't want to do this.

Is there a windows local account access to the BT Wifi App or something similar? How do I access it?

The goal is to avoid using the BT login screens when using their networks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT Wifi App on the Desktop

Go to solution

If you want the BTWifi app for Windows you will need to go through the Microsoft store which means you will need to set up an account. As far as I am aware there is no other way to get the app. 

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/bt-wi-fi/3b3be858-ceb4-4745-943c-caca3a0b5610

If you don't want to use the app you will need to log on via the landing page.

dfl1955
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution

Thank you.

I want tu use the app; I don't want to use the store ;(

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution
then the store is the only way
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution

You can't get petrol without going to a garage. If you really hate the idea of a Microsoft account (a position with which I have some sympathy) you'll need to connect to BT WiFi manually. It only takes a minute with a good connection and equipment.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.