cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

BT Wifi App

BT WIFI app - I've recently placed an order for my home broadband, in the time waiting or an engineer coming out and getting everything installed I'm trying to use the BT Wifi app to keep me online, When attempting to log in it keeps telling me: "There's something stopping the app using your BT ID to log in. Log in to MY BT on BT.COM to find out more" when logging onto the website everything seems normal, any advice?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Wifi App

This does not help much but being able to use "BT WiFi" is dependent on your hub being set up so others can use it as a BT WiFi point. It seems pot luck whether it is on as default or if you have to set it up but unless enabled on your hub you will not be able to use it.

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

@Bob1001wrote:

This does not help much but being able to use "BT WiFi" is dependent on your hub being set up so others can use it as a BT WiFi point. It seems pot luck whether it is on as default or if you have to set it up but unless enabled on your hub you will not be able to use it.

@Charlliecan't use it to connect to his/her own hub, the order to provide service is still in progress, so there's no internet to connect to.

Unless a neighbour has BT broadband, then you can connect to their hotspot whilst you wait for your service to go live, look for available connections and try it, don't try your own SSID.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

I was under the impression that you could use the BT Wifi APP for hotspotting, I've tried to talk to the BT chat but nothing helpful came from there 😕 thank you for the input though!

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

@-Richie- its the initial sign in to the app im struggling with, it wont allow me to log in to see the available hotspots

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Have you setup your BTID yet ? it's used to login at www.bt.com/mybt and it should show you your account details, show order progress etc

Speak with the BT Billing team, they'll assist you and they are open until 6pm today.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Are there BT  customers near you with BTWIFI active?  You should be able eo see BTWIFI when you scan for available networks. When you get your hub you are automatically participating in BTWIFI

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings