cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Message 21 of 35

Re: BT Wifi/Fon keeps reactivating

Hi @Clowny,

I'm really sorry for the delay in getting back to you. I'm still chasing this and will be in touch as soon as I have any updates for you.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Clowny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 22 of 35

Thanks Dave,

Still broadcasting the opted-out networks I'm afraid. As discussed, wouldn't matter so much if they didn't interfere with the other "normal" networks and connections.

Cheers

0 Ratings
Message 23 of 35

Hi @Clowny,

Thanks for posting. I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. I've had confirmation that you're now opted out, however it will take 28 days for that to reflect on your side. Please don't reset the hub during that period if possible. 

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Please avoid contacting us (moderators) via private message, for account/fault issues, unless invited to do so. The community will be able to help answer your question so we encourage you to create a new thread if you can’t find the answer from existing discussions. The moderators will be around to lend a hand should the community not have the answers. Thank You
0 Ratings
Clowny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 24 of 35

Thanks David,

I'm not sure your confirmation holds much water, as I've been "opted out" since I took FTTP many years ago. Also, again, I "opted out" in December when the firmware upgrade started broadcasting the unwanted networks again.

However, I do appreciate your efforts and I'll wait with baited breath for the day they stop, I am finding it hard to understand how it takes 28 days to send a message to my modem though!

Be prepared for weekly updates, I'm going to keep you up to speed!
0 Ratings
Clowny
Aspiring Contributor
Message 25 of 35

@DavidM

Still no change in the situation, could someone please look into this as it's now four months trying to opt out of this **bleep** system.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 35

Thanks for getting back @Clowny.

It will take 28 days from my post on the 15/03 so there are a few days left to run. If you don't see any change by next Thursday let me know and I'll chase with product support.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
WigglesGRN
Contributor
Message 27 of 35

Here is how I opted out, I got a standalone Modem and seperate router and use them, so the BTWiFi hotspots can not even start to show. Yes my Speed on My ADSL connection has dropped form 17 Meg to 14 Meg because of this (even tho BT say it won't it has) but I want all of my bandwidth for me and no-one else. 

Simples 

0 Ratings
Telecom89
Recognised Expert
Message 28 of 35

Hi - are we supposed to be able to check at: https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/status.do

because I cannot login via this. I've even created a BT email account but I still get the following error:

"Authentication failed. Invalid username or password."

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
WigglesGRN
Contributor
Message 29 of 35

Only if you signed up with a BTinternet email address, if not go to your MyBT status page on the account managment 

0 Ratings
Message 30 of 35

Hi @Clowny,

I tried calling today, sorry I missed you. Can you let me know if there is any change at your side?

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings