cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
nigelangel1
Contributor
Message 11 of 13

Re: BT Wifi Opt out

I have exactly the same problem. I don't want to use BT WiFi hotspots and definitely don't want anyone sharing my bandwidth. Yes I know it only takes a mere fraction of my 78mbs download speed, but I just want all my broadband for me and nobody else!

With my old hub 3 it was simple, I opted out and that was that, but since getting the smart hub (6),  I'm finding it impossible stay opted out. Two weeks ago I opted out via My BT Extras, and within 24 hours my hotspot was gone. But the following day it was back with a vengeance! My status tells me I'm opted out, but my hot spot stays on. I've opted back in, left it for a week, then opted out again. Once again my hotspot was turned off for a day, and now it's on again! 

I have BT TV as well as the phone and Infinity 2. In general I'm happy except for this one point, but it's looking more and more like the only way to get rid of my WiFi hotspot is to leave BT. 

Tags (1)
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 12 of 13

@nigelangel1 wrote:

I have BT TV as well as the phone and Infinity 2. In general I'm happy except for this one point, but it's looking more and more like the only way to get rid of my WiFi hotspot is to leave BT. 

Much simpler method, just get a third party router.

0 Ratings
Bazza66
Aspiring Contributor
Message 13 of 13

Thanks John for msg but after reloading factory settings again the HH5 is still showing BT Wifi active.  Suggest we close case now unless you wish to exchange the router?  I had thought of buying a 3rd party router but I need to make sure it is compatible with BT TV ie. Multicast/IGMP.

0 Ratings