Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dcjsimons01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 8

BT Wifi -X on Android

Go to solution

has anyone got connection to BTWIFI-X working in Android. I have a new Wileyfox Android phone and it won't connect to Wifi-X like my old iPhone and iPad did. I can get on the unsecured wifi with FON.

first time I try it asks for loads of connection data. If I ignore that it then reports connection failure. 

Just spent a very unproductive period with BT support who just want to wash their hands of it.

0 Ratings
7 REPLIES 7
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 8

Re: BT Wifi -X on Android

Go to solution

BT Wifi-X is only available to Apple devices.

0 Ratings
dcjsimons01
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 8

Go to solution

OK thanks. That would seem to be the end of it. Shame the BT guy didn't know that. Any idea why, or when it might be available on Android? Would rather connect via a secure connection if possible.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 8

Go to solution

Sorry, no idea when, or even if, it will be available for Android devices.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
traveltrev
Message 5 of 8

Go to solution

I know this must be getting really boring but I would like to connect to a wifi-x connection on any thing, laptop, tablet, android but whatever I try it always asks for more information on top of my email address and password.  Despite rumours from BT to the contrary it is apparently available to any bt broadband user not just business or apple. What is the truth and where am I going wrong ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 8

Go to solution

@traveltrev wrote:

I know this must be getting really boring but I would like to connect to a wifi-x connection on any thing, laptop, tablet, android but whatever I try it always asks for more information on top of my email address and password.  Despite rumours from BT to the contrary it is apparently available to any bt broadband user not just business or apple. So how did the source of that information describe how to connect ? What is the truth and where am I going wrong ?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 8

Go to solution

@traveltrev wrote:

I know this must be getting really boring but I would like to connect to a wifi-x connection on any thing, laptop, tablet, android but whatever I try it always asks for more information on top of my email address and password.  Despite rumours from BT to the contrary it is apparently available to any bt broadband user not just business or apple. What is the truth and where am I going wrong ?

I think message 2 sums it up

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
traveltrev
Message 8 of 8

Go to solution

Thank you, BT never cease to amaze with their indifference !

0 Ratings