Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 21 of 48

Re: BT Wifi & Fon

Go to solution

Just factory reset my Hub and it is now broadcasting BT Wifi/fon.

Phonecall from Neil at BT explains why username & password not being recognised on the "check my status" & BT wifi websites.

So problem solved and all seems well again.

Many thanks to all involved.

Del.

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 22 of 48

Go to solution

@djh22 wrote:

Just factory reset my Hub and it is now broadcasting BT Wifi/fon.

Phonecall from Neil at BT explains why username & password not being recognised on the "check my status" & BT wifi websites.

So problem solved and all seems well again.

Many thanks to all involved.

Del.

@djh22 just for interest, can you share why your username and password was not recognised by the system?

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 23 of 48

Go to solution

Hi Dippu, Apparently it's something to do with when the you became a BT customer,I'm a relatively new customer with a dedicated BT username & profile so can only opt in/out via my BT.com website account,I guess the fon & BT wifi websites login might work for some that have been with BT for yonks with a Yahoo email type login.

At least I think that's what Neil meant.

Beacause it is enabled on my BT.com account I can click on the BT wifi blroadcast and log in via this account screen -

Untitled.jpg

Which as you can see has the option to log on as a BT Broadband customer.

But strangely one can not log in via the website link on on the Hubs Wifi status interface.

Best,

Del.

0 Ratings
Dippu
Aspiring Expert
Message 24 of 48

Go to solution

Hi djh22, Thank you for the explanation. Interesting, I did had a feeling that various systems that BT uses did not talk to each other particularly the BT Fon aspects. For some people it only takes 24 to 48 hours to opt in/ out and for others it can take up to 1 month and in some cases never (unless MODS get involved).

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 25 of 48

Go to solution

Yea, it's not very good is it ! - I've just gone in and opted out of BT Wifi/fon to test the website and it opted me out (although the connection icon is still bradcasting) and now I've lost the option to opt back in again, so really I'm back to square one.

0 Ratings
Message 26 of 48

Go to solution

@djh22 I'm really sorry the problem with your BT WiFi profile, I've reopened your case with the bt.com faults team and will get back to you when they provide me with updates. 

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 27 of 48

Go to solution

Hi again Neil, many thanks for re opening the log , if possible could you arrange for me to properly opt out of BT Wifi/fon so that it stops broadcasting from my Hub.

Cheers,

Del.

0 Ratings
Message 28 of 48

Go to solution

@djh22 Yes no problem.  I'll be in touch when I hear back from the BT.com faults team.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 29 of 48

Go to solution

Thanks Neil.

0 Ratings
djh22
Recognised Expert
Message 30 of 48

Go to solution

*** Update ***  Once again the option to opt out of BT Wifi has been put back onto my BT account screen -

BT_opt 2.jpg

but as before when I click to opt out the options disappear leaving me without a method of opting back in at a later date. -

Untitled 3.jpg

So back to square one I'm afraid.

Del.

0 Ratings