Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xlawllipop
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BT Wifi cant opt out

Go to solution

Hi there,

I woke up this morning with my router name being reset to the default name (now fixed), and that the BT-Wifi status is now active (according to the technical log). 

I've opted out of bt wi-fi about a year ago already. Called support and they said they helped me re opt-in and opt out.

Not quite convinced on that so would appreciate if anyone could help!

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BT Wifi cant opt out

Go to solution

If you factory reset the hub then you automatically opt back in to BTWIFI   You just need to go back and opt out again.  It can take a few weeks before your hub will show you have opted out. Just need to wait

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
xlawllipop
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

I see, thank you for your reply. I've opted out (by re-opting in and out myself) according to (http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12958/~/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi%3F)

Is there another opt-out process in the gateway (192.168.1.254) itself? 

0 Ratings
imjolly
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

No. What you have already done should be enough. Just need to wait and as I said can take up to 4 weeks

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings