cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
rage3kph
Message 1 of 7

BT Wifi login problems

Hi I recently moved home and am currently waiting for BT to come and transfer my broadband over to my new property which will be in about 2 weeks.

I`ve been having loads of problems getting logged into BT Wifi, mainly as I have no landline yet and no mobile phone signal. I managed to speak to half the employees of BT yesterday and finally got a new username (a 10 digit number) and a password. Managed to install the app on my phone and got online. PC hooks up nicely and every thing was great. Today I can only get the PC to connect and whenever I try it on my phone it either says Maximum number of sessions reached or login details are wrong. I can get the PC to connect everytime and have disconnected that to see if more than one login was causing the problem but no. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: BT Wifi login problems

Try "forgetting" any previous connections to BTWif on your phone then rescan and connect. You do not need to use the BTWifi app. You can also log on using your phone browser.

http://www.btwifi.com/help/login-with-bt/

rage3kph
Message 3 of 7

Thanks for your reply. I tried that and its no different. It can connect to BTWifi or BTWifi with FON but it won`t let me go online. I go back to the BTwifi app and it says username or password is wrong when it clearly isn`t. My phone browser directs me to BT.com where I have to login and it says my details are wrong. Funny how my PC is fine!

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Try calling the help line 0800 022 33 22. They may need to reset your connection.

0 Ratings
rage3kph
Message 5 of 7

As mentioned before I have no landline or mobile signal.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Unfortunately there is no other way to contact the BTWif Help desk.

0 Ratings
rage3kph
Message 7 of 7

Maybe if they could connect my phoneline I could call them. #GoingRoundInCircles

0 Ratings