Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Robert_C
Beginner
Message 1 of 5

BT and Flickr

Hi,

I think this is the most relevant section for this...

I have BT broadband and I also have a pro account for flickr.

Over the last 24hours when trying login into flickr I get the normal sign up/login screen click to login and I am presented with the BT email login screen and naturally to does not like my login details to flickr. 

Anything I try just gets me the BT login screen, it's almost the BT have hijacked flickr logins.

Anyone else have the same problem or possible solutions?

Robert

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT and Flickr

Clear the cache and cookies from your browser and see if that helps. If you are using a shortcut try typing the address into the address bar in your browser instead.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 5

Flikr is part of Yahoo, not BT. You would have to login to your personal Yahoo account.

Highlighted
Billylion
Message 4 of 5

Hi, 

Also having problems with Flickr login although was able to on my phone with my yahoo email.

There's an answer below to type in the yahoo login to the address bar but when I do that am still ltaken to the BT login page and that does not accept yahoo IDs.

Is there a foolproof yahoo login URL?

thank you. 

Tags (4)
0 Ratings
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

I get this problem too in my main browser (the one I use to sign in to BTYahoo email). Like you, I bought a Flickr pro account from Yahoo so I could retain my advert free existence and not aggravate my friends.

Since BT stole Flickr pro from us in an 'upgrade' some years ago, I have always used a different browser to log in to Flickr just to keep them separate. That has always worked for me.

NOT RECOMMENDED, BUT alternatively (I have just done it so know it works *): go to Yahoo.com, and in the top right ADD another account, and login to your yahoo account that you use for Flickr.  Then you can click on Flickr along the top menu list, and when you are taken to the proper screen, click on login.  It uses the fact that you have just done so with a valid yahoo account to take you direct to your own Flickr page.

*MIND YOU, IT IS A PAIN IN THE NECK, BECAUSE IT THEN LOGS YOU OUT OF YOUR BT YAHOO IN THE BACKGROUND!

In fact, I have found that using different browsers for different things can mean an improved workflow. Four browsers for me and another 2 where I mirror a friend's setup that I support regularly.  Sad, I know.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings