cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 39

BT cloud not working on iMac since todays update 7-7-20

I had BT cloud on my iMac and saved on menu bar today the update pop up came on, so I clicked it. The icon image changed slightly but it now does not work at all and won't load or respond its now not showing at the top panel either and it won't load via launcher.   As it happens I did a backup yesterday so tried to load the previous version of BTcloud but the message came up that it could not restore BTcloud because it was in open. I had the app on my Samsung phone so turned that off in case that was the problem and then deleted from the phone when that didn't work.

So I am left with a BTCloud icon that doesn't work, I can't restore the previous version because somewhere BTcloud is open and I can't even delete BTcloud.

Any suggestions would be gratefully received, at present I would be happy just to get rid of BTCloud off my iMac.

38 REPLIES 38
Message 2 of 39

Re: BT cloud not working on iMac since todays update 7-7-20

Hi @nannajan13 and welcome back.

Sorry you're having problems with the Cloud. Your best bet would be to contact the Cloud helpdesk directly on 0808 100 6778. They should be able to sort this out for you. Can you try that and let me know how it goes?

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 39

Hi DavidM,
I have the same/similar issue with no dashboard available etc.
I don't usually click on updates when they first pop up, but did this time 😄 Hopefully they can fix the issue soon.

I will contact the helpdesk as you mentioned above.
0 Ratings
Message 4 of 39

Thanks for posting @Silvershell,

Please get back and let me know how you get on with the helpdesk.

Cheers

David

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 39

I also have this problem. The BT Cloud app informed me that an update was available from the version 17.something I had to 20.something. I accepted the upgrade and watched it install but not restart. Whern I tried to restart it, it told me that I needed a more up-to-date version of MacOS than the 10.11.16 El Capitan that I have.

The reason that I still run El Capitan is that my iMac dates from 2009 and will not mow upgrade to a later version. That's OK with me because I don't want to throw away a (for me) perfectly adequate computer.

I am now stuck with an app I cannot run to service a 60GB archive of pictures.

Can someone please tell me where I can go to download the older version and re-install it? And can someone explain to me what sort of a clown writes an installer which doesn't check for OS compatibility before overwriting an existing installation? I was a developer for the last 30 years of my working life and would have been fired for such stupidity.

BTW: the help line number supplied has been repurposed and doesn't have any relation to BT Cloud.

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 39

Anyone had any communication with BT and made progress with this issue please? Mine refuses to run also. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 39

I haven't contacted BT but I spent most of the afternoon trying to sort the problem out. I have partially sorted but I'm not really sure how as I tried so many things.

What I did find was that by using chrome rather than Safari I could get into my Cloud account via MyBT and I made some changes like stopping automatic log in. Fortunately I also had the old version of Cloud backed up which I downloaded but as stated before wouldn't work because of the new version being installed. Eventually after something I did in my account must have worked and stopped the new version running because I was able to log into the old version, although I did keep getting the new version log in window pop up and there was no way of closing it (the red cross wouldn't work). This meant I had to make it as small as possible and drag it out to the side which was annoying.

Anyway at this point I noticed that in the top right corner near date time etc where there are a few small icons there seemed to be a larger gap between two of the icons, I clicked on the gap and there was the BT Cloud icon! Now by this point I wasn't bothered whether I never saw BT cloud again and I have photos backed up elsewhere so when the icon gave me several options including uninstall I did and the new version was gone including the irritating log in box...

I still have the old BT cloud but I have switched off automatic sync because for the last week it has saved rubbish, like individual logos off letterheads as photos. I am leaving at the moment but might get rid of it all together, especially as each time I log in it keeps trying to get me to update to the latest version.

Message 8 of 39

Not a peep. Come on BT -- is anyone even monitoring this thread any more? DavidM?
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 39

HI,

Same problem contacted BT 3 days ago, promised call back. Nothing yet

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 10 of 39

Hi, I think its time for you to step in.

Chris

0 Ratings