cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 11 of 39

Re: BT cloud not working on iMac since todays update 7-7-20

Hi , David M. As a moderator cay please progress this please.

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 12 of 39

Hi @CD179,

Thank you for posting and I'm sorry to you and everyone else on this thread that is having problems using BT Cloud on their iMac. 

I've highlighted this to my colleagues in the Cloud team and I'll post back as soon as I know more.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 13 of 39

Thank you, @PaddyB.  Please remind your Cloud team colleagues that we (some of us, at least) need to be able to get back to a version which will work with earlier MacOS versions -- El Capitan in my case.

0 Ratings
Message 14 of 39

Hi @PaddyB ,

Still nothing?

I am running macOS Catalina 10.15.3  not the older version El cap'

0 Ratings
Message 15 of 39

Hi,Silver shell,

Running the same as you, and told yesterday that what I have got now is what the new S/W 20.3.10 runs like.

Think I have been fed Bulls**T.

Keep watching, and report any come backs fromBT here.

I think at the end of the day it will be another 0.79p/month  to upgrade my second Apple I/D to 50gig. iCloud like all other apple products work. I think this is the reason why this update has not caused a mass of complaints, because 95% of apple users, use iCloud as primary back up.

Regards

Chris

0 Ratings
Message 16 of 39

For those that can't get BT Cloud to quit it can be done through Activity Monitor. Also, back in the day when BT Cloud was even worse on a Mac than it is now I created an Automator App. to quit it as it would never quit. Worked a treat then and it still works. Simple to do. To be fair I'm not having any problems with BT Cloud as I only use it to store some music. I wouldn't trust it for Back-Up. I also use iCloud for that.

0 Ratings
Message 17 of 39

Hi Everyone,

I'm sorry it's taken a few days for me to get back to you. My colleagues at BT Cloud have got back to me. The problem is related to the older OS versions that aren't supported in the BT Cloud update.

You can download the previous version of BT Cloud here - https://btcloud.bt.com/web/app/share/invite/IQNh1iNKpb 

Please be aware that the previous version of BT Cloud isn't supported.  To get the best BT Cloud experience we recommend that you use the most recent and up to date OS and BT Cloud versions.

Thanks

PaddyB

0 Ratings
Message 18 of 39

Thank you very much. At least I can now get back to where I was.

I must say that I think it's bad form for a software supplier not to advise users that a new version is incompatible with their OS. The team should be instructed to add compatibility tests to future releases to avois this problem in the future.

0 Ratings
Message 19 of 39

So is High Sierra 10.13.6 classed as an old OS? 

0 Ratings
Message 20 of 39

Paddy B,

Many thanks, Is it just the very latest OS  that is supported, and also was there any new documentation to support 20.3.10. All this would have been appreciated and useful before release.

What about the new OS, very different due to be released soon? BIG SUR. 

Chris

0 Ratings