Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 5

BT email “Here is your service upgrade”

Go to solution
I have received this email and one of the four offers is of interest.  Namely Virus Protection ~ BT Net Protection Plus.

Currently installed on my PC are the following programs:

Microsoft Security Essentials.
Paid version SUPERAntispyware Professional.
Paid version Malwarebytes Home Premium.

Questions:

1. Before downloading the BT Virus  Protection product I wonder if I should uninstall the Microsoft product? 

2. Also, will the BT product clash with other two programs listed above?
Thank you,

dml
0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT email “Here is your service upgrade”

Go to solution

BT Net ProtectionPlus will not clash with your antispy ware or Malwarebytes but personally I would not install it.There aremany posts on this forum about it causing problems or not running correctly.

BT Protect Plus is a rebadged McAfee antivirus and there are better free antivirus products such as Avast Free.

Microsoft Security Essentials is only one step up from having no antivirus so I would install anther one. If you do install another antivirus, it should automatically turn off MSE.

0 Ratings
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 5

Go to solution
Thank you for your prompt advice. I will do as you suggest and will download Avast. I do hope it cancels out the MSE product.
dml
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 5

Go to solution

just uninstall MSE

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
dml
Aspiring Expert
Message 5 of 5

Go to solution
Thank yo. I will do as you suggest.
dml
0 Ratings