cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Fellwalker
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

BT has forgotten my password!

Now I am getting annoyed with BT.  I use a password manager so that I cannot forget my password.

Today, I tried to connect up to see my BT Cloud, and on entering the login, it was rejected.  So I tried going to MyBT, and it was rejected there too.  Now it has locked me out for 15 minutes.

How can it do that?

When I first tried to log in to My BT, instead of my user name there was a huge string of gobbledegook .  I've noticed that before but just got the password manager to fill in my normal password for my BT ID, and it has previously worked fine.

Thank goodness this and my email are on a different email address so that I can log in to them.

Having gone through the rigmarole of resetting my password, it still refused to let me log in for another 15 minutes.

FINALLY. Back in again.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------
To err is human, but to really mess it up requires a computer
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BT has forgotten my password!

It sounds like there was a problem with either your browser or your password manager.

BT do not enter your user name in MyBT when you try to log on. It is either entered by you each time or by your browser if you stored it in the browser or by your password manager.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: BT has forgotten my password!

@gg30340 wrote:

It sounds like there was a problem with either your browser or your password manager.

BT do not enter your user name in MyBT when you try to log on. It is either entered by you each time or by your browser if you stored it in the browser or by your password manager.

Using IE11, on Windows 10:

If you log out of BT Mail, then you are left with the login screen with a string of alpha numerical characters in the username box. Perhaps if you have the login page left open and active in the bottom tray, then this could happen.

It’s better to close BT Mail down, before logging in again.

This doesn’t explain the behaviour with Bt Cloud login though.

0 Ratings