cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 5

BT landing page not found to connect to public wifi

Hi, I usually connect to wifi when at work by logging into my BT home broadband account. Ive being doing this for a year but the past few days I can't access the page (btwifi.com:8443/home) as says page not found You may have lost your connection to the BTWiFi signal.

Is this something to do with the signal I usually connect to? Would it be a hotspot?  It's been happening for a few days now. Thanks.

0 Ratings
4 REPLIES 4
Message 2 of 5

Re: BT landing page not found to connect to public wifi

Hi @Cazpanda  sorry you are getting page not found when using the BT Wifi app.

If the landing page doesn’t load it means you don’t have a connection. Have you checked on a different hotspot to see if the app works ok there?

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 5

Thanks for your reply. The app won't connect either. It shows hotspots in the list but says something like 'no connection'. Would it usually connect to the first on the list as I'm never sure what I'm connected to, it just does it automatically? Occasionally before it wouldn't  so I would log onto the BT home page with my home broadband details. This week neither work?? 🤷

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 5

Appreciate that this thread is a bit old but it might help future users. 

I had this problem and solved it by clearing my browser cache, closing my browser and reconnecting.  If the redirect doesn't automatically happen, you can type 1.1.1.1 into your browser address bar to trigger it.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 5

Thanks, I'm still having intermittent issues with this, I have cleared the cash previouslky to try but next time it happens will try your full suggestion!

0 Ratings