cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sheffwolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 18

BT parental controls cannot be switched on - says unavailable

Long running issue with bt over my parental controls. They cannot be switched on, instead of the switch, all it states is ’unavailable’. It took them 3 months to fix it before. Now it’s happened again and I’m dreading the constant battle over the phone to get it fixed. Googled it and it appears others have had the same problem. Got teenagers in the house so it’s just not acceptable.
0 Ratings
17 REPLIES
Message 2 of 18

Re: BT parental controls cannot be switched on - says unavailable

Hi @Sheffwolf sorry you are not able to get the Parental Controls activated.

Please send us over your details by clicking on my profile and selecting the contact the mods option. We will be happy to get this fixed for you.

Cheers
John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 18

Hi @Sheffwolf I called there but missed you, please can you try setting up your parental controls via the manage extras section in MyBT and post back to let me know if they are working? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
Make sure you are logged into the forum otherwise you will not see our contact link when a moderator offers help. When sending us your details please don’t send a Private message (PM), we can’t deal with account/service issues via PM so please use the contact link. Thank You
0 Ratings
Sheffwolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 18

Hi - they are switched on but they are not blocking the adult content.
0 Ratings
Message 5 of 18

Hi @Sheffwolf,

Sorry that it's still not working.

We have got back on to the support team to explain this and we'll get back in touch with you.

Cheers,

Robbie

Community ModeratorRobbieMac
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 6 of 18

@Sheffwolf I'm really sorry that hasn't worked. I'm escalating the fault with the team who can fix these types of issues to try and push them to resolve this asap. As soon as they update me I will get back in touch with you. 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Sheffwolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 18

My parental controls are still not blocking adult content despite being switched on. I’ve heard nothing for days. Can someone please check my fault is open and get back to me.
0 Ratings
Message 8 of 18

Hi @Sheffwolf,

I am sorry that they are still not working correctly for you. @NeilO has been getting this investigated for you. He was in touch with the team on Saturday chasing it for you. He's waiting on their reply. He has scheduled to pick this up again tomorrow when he's in office. He will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

Community ModeratorDannyS
Show your appreciation!
Click on the thumbs up next to a reply to say thanks
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Message 9 of 18

@Sheffwolf I'm really sorry this is taking longer than we would like to fix, please be assured that I haven't forgotten about you. I've chased this again today as soon as I have any updates from the team who fix these types of faults I will be back in touch with you.

Community ModeratorNeilO
Show your appreciation!
Kudos”
0 Ratings
Sheffwolf
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 18

Parental controls are showing switched on but STILL not blocking any adult content.

To be without parental controls for so long without a fix is totally unacceptable. I’ve got teenagers at home.

0 Ratings