cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 9

BT smart hub 2 bedtime settings

Go to solution

Hello. I am trying to set ‘bedtime’ on my daughter’s laptop in the My BT app but it will not save. I enter all the details and all looks fine but if I log off and on again they will all be blank. I have also tried renaming the laptop but it soon reverts to its original name so again nothing saves. Also nothing appears in ‘offline devices’ when I turn the laptop off. Am I doing something wrong? Or does the setting just not work??

Help appreciated!

0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
Message 2 of 9

Re: BT smart hub 2 bedtime settings

Go to solution

Can you detail the steps you have followed and whether you are using the iOS or Android App to change these settings?

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Hi. I am using the iOS app.

I open the app and go to ‘your Wi-fi network’ then ‘control Wi-fi access to your devices’.

Select the laptop in question.

Then I either ‘rename’ and give it a sensible name.

Or

Press ‘set times’ under bedtime and enter the times and press ‘save’.

It all looks like it has worked but if I restart the laptop or restart the app the settings revert  to default.

Interestingly I just tried again and saw the error ‘failed to update access controls’ which it was not doing before.

Appreciate the help on this!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Have you enabled the "Pause wifi-access at bedtime" option as you can't make any changes to the bedtimes until that is done?  Also if the device in question is using a randomised MAC address each time it connects then it able to circumvent this control anyway.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks. Yes I tried that. In face just saving and going back then forward again is enough to clear the settings. It’s like they just don’t save. 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

See this thread which may be similar to your problem

disable wifi at bedtime - BT Community

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

Hi all. Appreciate the responses but none worked 🙂 I called BT who suggested a factory reset of the smart hub and this did in fact fix the issue. 

Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

Glad you got it working, useful to know that sometimes the only option is a factory reset

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution

Thanks for letting us know you got this sorted @Geoffers1 .

Cheers

David

0 Ratings