cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
saabina
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT virus protect problem

I’ve just bought a new mobile phone Samsung A5.  I downloaded the bt virus protect app but it’s not working.  I was getting a Message saying we had trouble registering your device.  I uninstalled and reinstalled the app and I am now getting an error message saying Your subscription is already associated with this device.   Any ideas what the cause of this is.    Thanks 

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
RobbieMac
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT virus protect problem

Hi @saabina

Thanks for your post and welcome back!

Sorry for the problems you're having with BT Virus protect.  Have a look at this link to see if it helps: What is BT Virus Protect and how do I get it?

Post back and let me know how you get on.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
saabina
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

I already checked this and also did e-chat on your website but the advice given was useless.  I  uninstalled it and re downloaded it 3 times.  I have now given up and left it uninstalled.

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 4 of 10

Hi @saabina

Thanks for posting back and I'm sorry that you are still having this problem.

Thanks for checking that link I gave you.  We will need your details to help you further with this.  Click on my username here >> RobbieMac << and you'll see our contact link underneath my profile picture.

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
RobbieMac
Message 5 of 10

Hi @saabina

Thanks for taking the time to send us over your details.

This is just a quick message to give you the heads up that we have reached out to a colleague for assistance with this and as soon as we have received word back we will be back in touch with you.

As we are fast approaching the weekend we may not hear back until early next week but as soon as we do we will give you another shout Smiley Happy

Cheers,

Robbie

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 6 of 10

Hi @saabina,

Please follow the details below to see how you can manage your licences:

Here's how to manage your licences

1. Once you've logged into My BT, scroll down and click on the Manage your extras button

Click Manage your extras button

2. Click on the "BT Virus Protect" icon under the "Your smarter broadband extras" section

Click BT Virus Protect

3. Click on the "Manage BT Virus Protect" link within the "BT Virus Protect" section

Click Manage BT Virus Protect link

4. Click the tab showing the computer you want to deselect. Each licence will have a tab

Select computer

5. Click Deactivate. By deactivating you're freeing up a licence so that you can install BT Virus Protect on a new PC or Mac etc

Click deactivate

Let me know if this helps you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
saabina
Aspiring Contributor
Message 7 of 10

Issue sill not resolved as what you said to do did not help.  My device is showing  but there is a red square with an exclamation mark in  under phone protection saying sorry something went wrong.  I have already uninstalled and reinstalled several times.   I have also contacted mcafee who referred me to bt for help.   This is getting frustrating so hoping you can get this resolved.

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 8 of 10

Thanks for getting back to me and for trying that @saabina.

As it can't be removed through the McAfee site I'll need to get a trouble ticket raised directly with McAfee. I'm arranging to have this done for you. This is going to be raised today but due to the weekend we may not hear back from McAfee until Monday or Tuesday. I'll be in the office on Tuesday and will touch base with you.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 9 of 10

Hi @saabina,

McAfee haven't replied back about your issue yet but they've replied to me about a different case so they should be in touch soon. As soon as I get an update I will be in touch.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings
DanielS
Message 10 of 10

Hi @saabina,

I sent you a private message yesterday, tried to call you today and I've since sent an email.

I am in touch with McAfee for you and I need a few more details. Please reply back to my private message or my email. Feel free to post up here either.

Thanks

DanielS

0 Ratings