cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Yarrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 10

BT virus protection

I am trying to install Mcafee virus protection supplied by BT on my MacBook Pro. I have just upgraded to Mojave and after a message saying that I am now protected I am unable to open the software. I get a message “The BT virus protection software failed to launch. 

I re installed both the software and Mojave. I have also used different user accounts

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
ChrisJ9
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT virus protection

BT Virus Protection has stopped working on my machine. I have reloaded software but problem persists.

Error  The BT Virus Protect software failed to launch.

The virus protect software automatic update has not been working for some time and spurious messages 

about multiple scans have appeared in the log.

0 Ratings
Yarrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 10

BT promised me a phone call between 9-11am this morning. Still waiting!!!

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 10

Hi @Yarrom and @ChrisJ9 I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your BT Virus protect. Have you tried running the McAfee Virtual Technician tool to see if that helps? 

Community ModeratorNeilO
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings
gileshudson
Message 5 of 10

NeilO,
That facility is no use as it says that the Mcafee Virtual Technician does not work on Macs.
I have the same issue as the OP

0 Ratings
Yarrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 6 of 10

“That facility is no use as it says that the Mcafee Virtual Technician does not work on Macs”

Thats my understanding as well.

BT failed to call as promised today!

one of the world largest communication companies and they can’t even make a phone call or email or text to say sorry we’re busy!  The chap from Kolkata who was in the Chat room tried to help and even rang me direct to sort the problem. He couldn’t and said the ‘Tech guys’ would call this morning. They have let him down as well as me. Shame. 

Big effort again to sort this out. 

0 Ratings
ChrisJ9
Message 7 of 10

McAfee website says virtual technician only available for PC, not Mac. I did find something claiming to be a Mac version but it was on a rather odd looking web page & raised a warning - may a scam ? 

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

I suggest you simply bin the McAfee and use one of the better free AVs.

V_Meldrew
Recognised Expert
Message 9 of 10

Try this link to the McAfee Virtual Assistant

Scroll about halfway down the page until you see a button labeled Launch Assistant on the left hand side

0 Ratings
Yarrom
Aspiring Contributor
Message 10 of 10

After 5hrs of waiting BT tech guys contacted me (via my wife’s mobile??) and told me that BT virus protection is not available on MAC s running the ‘Mojave’ Operating system.  So BT, one of the leading communication and Tech companies in the world is not in tune with the leading technology company in the world...crazy! My BT package includes virus protection software and they can’t supply it and gave me no adVance warning about this.

0 Ratings