cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mpcpba
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BT whole home wifi keeps needing to be rebooted

I've had the whole home wifi for a couple of months and despite following guidance from this forum i still have to reboot the system far too regularly.

The house is quite spread out and I've experimented with different disc locations. When the system is up and running it works really well and my dead spot is gone. But I do still leave mission critical stuff connected via ethernet to the router and also use mains plug in units as well. There are 11 devices around the house connected to the wifi

However I have pronlems with devices (both phones which are moved around and static devices like printers) regularly either

1. show they are wifi connected but there is no internet connection
  2. or
  3. lose the wifi link and will not reconnect

In both cases a reset of the whole home wifi system cures the problem

Set up is as follows:

• Bt smart hub - both wifi services now switched off
  • 3 Whole home wifi discs running latest software on all
  • Wifi name and passwords changed to match original smart hub to avoid having to change all device settings

After early problems with resets needed several times a day I followed advice and did the following:

• 2.4ghz set to channel 1, 5ghz set to channel 36
  • compatability mode enabled

The above helped a lot for a couple of weeks with problems solved and only an odd reset needed. Then:

1. the HP pro officejet 8620 printer again lost wifi and would not reconnect (despite being 3feet from a disc). Soved only by a whole home wifi reset
  2. Iphone 5 and ipad 2 has problems in the morning. Switch on device and wifi shows connected ok but error messages shows no internet. BT web interface shows phone as connected to a disc ok albeit not the one closest to the phone. Will not connect to internet without a wifi reboot. (Turning the phone's wifi off for a few minutes so the signal drops and then switching it back on did work once or twice but then that failed)
  3. BT web interface via my device has never been accessible. Finding the IP address for disc 1 allows me to get into the web interface

It is doing my head in. 

Any ideas?

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: BT whole home wifi keeps needing to be rebooted

Hi @mpcpba Sorry that you are experiencing this problem with your BT Whole Home Wifi. 

Please can you contact the Helpdesk on 0808 100 6116 or btconnectedhome@bt.com and they will be able to help you with this.

cheers

John

Community ModeratorJohnC
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings