Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
lifeonmars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 6

BT wi-fi

On My BT smart hub the BT wi-fi status shows active

However on my BT wi-fi in my dash board it shows not active.

My iphone pops up with the message connected to bt wifi occasionally.

How can i ensure that I have BT wi-fi/fon  switched off please at my router.Screenshot 2019-10-18 at 15.55.39.pngScreenshot 2019-10-18 at 15.55.57.png

0 Ratings
5 REPLIES 5
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 6

Re: BT wi-fi

follow the link go to BTWIFI then login to MY BT then BTWIFI and then opt out  may take a couple of weeks to actually opt out   you will no longer be able to connect to BTWIFI when out and about

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
lifeonmars
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 6

Yea I did that, so will the router eventually say not active after 28 days.?
0 Ratings
c64z80
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 6

From what I've read of others experiences and of my own it usually takes it's own time to activate/deactivate on the router's side of things.

I'm not sure of the exact technology used but the router itself is connected to a different server than the servers used by my BT and any changes made via my BT take time to reflect back over onto the router side of things.

It can take any time from 24 hours to weeks as said above, but in most cases it will eventually change.

It should be noted that with some customers it has a habit of switching itself back on after a long while. This is usually sorted out with a mod's help though.

But in any case feel free to pop back here if it doesn't turn off and if there is a problem we can't help with a mod will sort it 🙂 

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 6

Once BTWIFI is off should you do a factory reset then it will activate again and you will have go do same again to deactivate it

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
Message 6 of 6

Hi @lifeonmars  and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting about BT WiFi. Once you've placed the request to deactivate the service it will take up to 28 days to complete. If there's no change after that period get back to me and I'll be happy to take a look for you.

Cheers

David