cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 25

Re: BT wifi App

BT have now set things up where they want your BTID to be your BT email address and this is to be used to log onto MyBT and BTWifi and BT Sport.

To change it you need to log onto your MyBT and got to My Profile and change it from there.

0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 12 of 25

Thank you ,I will change it but I am having trouble finding my profile in my BT ?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 25

When you log onto MyBT you will be on the My Bill page, if you look at the top under the BT logo you will see Buy our Products, "My Profile" is below that.

To change your BTID

Log onto MyBT

Go to My Profile

Go to My Contact Details > Edit

Change email address to your  xxxx@btinternet.com

Enter present password for your current BTID

Click Save

Go to My security details

Click on Password > Edit and change to the same as your xxx@btinternet.com email password

Enter present password and click save,

Your BTID is now the same as your xxxx@btinternet.com email address and password.

This now how you will log onto MyBT, BTWifi, BT Sport and your xxxx@btinternet.com email.

0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 14 of 25

Sorry touched to wrong button.
On my bill page, below buy our products is a blue box containing my name, current BTID ( gmail address) and account number. There is not a my profile
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 25

I have the following

Profile.PNG

0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 16 of 25

Thanks, the grey bar containing my profile does not appear when my iPad is in portrate but it does in landscape
0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 17 of 25

I have now successfully changed my primary ID to my bt Internet email address. However, there is no change, I still can't get on to btwifi. Thank goodness for McDonald's. When I input my ID and password into the Btwifi app I get asked to opt in to btwifi but I am already opted in. Any further suggestion would by very much appreciated. I have even tried deleting the app and reinstalling but that didn't help.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 25

Just to confirm: Your log on and password to MyBT is now your BTID and it is the same as your @btinternet.com email address and password.

Can you log onto MyBT with it here  https://home.bt.com/login/loginform?TYPE=33554433&REALMOID=06-f1aca0f0-9277-1028-a2aa-843bdb4e0000&G...

Can you log onto your webmail with it here https://signin1.bt.com/login/emailloginform

If you can log onto both above can you check your status here and if need be opt in with the email address and password you used above.

https://www.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btfon

0 Ratings
Donh
Aspiring Contributor
Message 19 of 25

Yes it's the same , it works on both links.
I am also opted in
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 20 of 25

I don't know why you can not connect so the moderators of the forum have been informed of your problem. Once they have read this they may be able to help. They are a BT UK based team and if they can help they will reply via this thread asking you to contact them via a link. Once you have replied to them by the link, it can at present take up to five working days for them to re-contact you.

0 Ratings