Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 30

Re: BT wifi enabled by itself?

@Dippu wrote:

Then why was able to Opt out within 48 hours in the past and I did it many times?

because it never took up to 28 days!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 12 of 30

@Greg81 True, it is infringing on privacy because if customer has decided to Opt out then the Hub should not Opt people back into BT WiFi without their knowledge.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 30

@Greg81 wrote:

Also taking upto 28 days to opt in, then another 28 days to opt out again is nonsense as i shouldnt have to wait that long for a fault to be fixed on BT end thats changing account settings without permission.

Nobody said it would take 28 days to opt in then a further 28 days to opt out. Have another read of what was posted.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 14 of 30

The whole point here is that the hub is Opting people into BT WiFi without intervention and knowledge, and that is an issue which needs to be resolved.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 15 of 30

@Greg81 wrote:

If thats the case then i cant move to different channel to improve the drop in signal strength since fon went on, making this issue even more serious if its going to stop me getting reliable wifi through the house.

When i turn the router off theres no other wifi as 2 of the  3 other houses next to me are empty and are far from other houses.

There is no drop in signal strength due to the BTwifi, how can there be its the same signal as your main wifi.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 16 of 30

@Dippu wrote:

The whole point here is that the hub is Opting people into BT WiFi without intervention and knowledge, and that is an issue which needs to be resolved.

I think we all agree on that.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 30

Nobody said it wasn't an issue. I was trying to help the OP to opt out of BTWifi not solve the issue of the the signal being back on.

If what I have posted is of no use to the OP he can happily ignore it and log a fault with BT to try and resolve the issue of being opted back in.

Highlighted
Beginner
Message 18 of 30

Signal issue might be channel contention as its using a seperate ssid and MAC address on the same channel, same as if another hub was using same channel.

Also if i never opted in in past then it must be some tech issue with BT.  I tried opting in the n out a few days ago but nothing has changed.

Reason i was asking here is to keep off the busy support number and i seen that this issue has been resolved recenty through this forum via mods or tech suppor that roam here.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 30

As per the Terms and Conditions of your Broadband package you do not Opt in to BTWifi. All BT Broadband customers since 2009 are automatically Opt in. You have to Opt out if you do not want the service.

"Things you need to know (BT Broadband customers only)

8. If you ordered BT Broadband after March 2009 or re-contracted to a BT Broadband service after December 2009 you will have been automatically opted into the free BT Wi-Fi service".

https://www.bt.com/terms/value-added-service.html#WiFi

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 20 of 30

I dont understand why people are blowing smoke up BT's hoop arguing agaiinst the issue im having and that many others have had recently.

I opted out when i signed up to BT years ago and check the setting every time i renew.  Ive even tried opting in and out again and its changed nothing which shows this is something wrong on BT's end.

Quoting t&c's or trying to say that channel sharing wont make a difference is not what im experiencing here and it all changed when fon enabled itself again.

0 Ratings