cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Mihajaru
Beginner
Message 1 of 10

BT wifi hotspot n1 1du not connecting on 6 different devices

Hi BT, i just recently signed up for infinity 2 just a week ago. I have been using the BT wifi hotspot while waiting for my broadband to be activated, but since yesterday, connecting to the btwifi hotspot has been a nightmare. Been stuck at obtaining ip address on my android devices and cant connect either on my apple ones. The application said can't connect to the hotpot.

Great help would be appreciated.
0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 10

Re: BT wifi hotspot n1 1du not connecting on 6 different devices

You would only be able to use another hotspot, not the one from your own home hub, until your broadband has been activated. So if you do already have your home hub, then leave it turned off.

0 Ratings
Mihajaru
Beginner
Message 3 of 10

I haven't turned my home hub on yet. I'm connecting to a hotpot and not from my home hub. The hotspot is not letting us connect to its network and getting stuck at obtaining ip address
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 10

On the Android phone, "forget" any stored wireless networks which are anything to do with the free BT Wifi hotspots, as there are usually quite a few "remembered" ones.

Then try again to re-connect to the one you want to use. Sometimes this fixes the problem, as there are often to many "remembered" ones, with the same SSID.

This may also help on other devices.

0 Ratings
Mihajaru
Beginner
Message 5 of 10

Did that already with all my devices. I even factory reseted one of the phones I never use anymore. They can all connect to 4g tethering from my main device but get stuck when I try connecting to the hotspot.

BT wifi was working for us before until Friday night.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 10

Is it just one particular hotspot that you can't connect to or none?

0 Ratings
Mihajaru
Beginner
Message 7 of 10

Just the one one to where I live. I haven't tried any hotspot outside the n1 area yet. Will do so later today
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 8 of 10

Sounds like it is a problem with the hotspot rather than your devices. Unfortunately, nothing you can do about that.

0 Ratings
Mihajaru
Beginner
Message 9 of 10

You're right, seems like the problem is with th3 hotspot.. I went to 3 different areas and got connected to their BT wifi hotspot instantly. Where should I be reporting this fault to be sorted out?
0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Message 10 of 10

I am afraid it is not something that you could report as a fault. The problem would lie with a fault on someone's home hub. Unless you hsppen to know who's it is you have know way of knowing the location
(If I have helped you in any way please click the thumbs up. Thank You)
If I have solved your Issue please click the "Mark as accepted solution" button.
0 Ratings