cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 3

BTCloud Stopped backing up mapped drives (Desktop App)

I store my personal data on a local sever, which is mapped to a local drive letter.  Worked for years, but its stopped backing up these files a couple of weeks ago.  Tried removing & re-adding them in Backup - but it nolonger shows the mapped folders when 'browsing for folder' to select.  If I navigate directly to the network share, it tells me to map the network drive for it to be backed up - I already have,  BTCloud will nolonger access them.

Please can you fix this issue, without it the product is useless for me. Thanks

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Anonymous
Not applicable
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTCloud Stopped backing up mapped drives (Desktop App)

Can you clarify, on the one hand it seems you have a mapped network drive fault on your local network, this is unlikely to be a BT problem and I suspect is something you'll have to work out for yourself.

On the other other hand, if I understand correctly, you are saying that you cannot backup files on your local server because of the mapping problem, I haven't used BT cloud for some time but the last time I did, you couldn't backup mapped drives.

0 Ratings
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: BTCloud Stopped backing up mapped drives (Desktop App)

No fault with network mappings, they work perfectly and show as expected within file manager.  As I said above, they just no longer show up within btcloud when selecting folders to backup.

Additionally as I also said, I’ve been able to backup mapped drives for years as it how Ive been using the product.  Within btcloud if I navigate directly to the actual network share itself (eg //OMV/mydocs) it tells you to add a mapped drive to allow you to back it up.  I’ve already created tha mapped drives, they are just no visible within btcloud to select them 

0 Ratings