cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Beginner
Message 1 of 2

BTMcAfee Antivirus Protect

I have BtVirus protect and can have it on up to 15 devices. I just added it to my wifes new phone. I followed the instructions and a text came through to the phone.  It included the link to download the software which I did and then I rand a scan succesfully so thats working OK.

However when I look on My BT it says  "No security apps are installed on this device " for her phone. and " We sent the link for BT Virus Protect to (phone number), Use the link on the phone to complete the activation". But I hd already done that.  The consequence is that I cannot use facilities which are done through MyBT such as "Locate Phone".

I rang BT and discussed it with what I assume is their call centre in India but they did not seem to have a clue. They suggested I ring McAfee!. I pointed out that it is not a problem with the software which is working fine. It is just that My Bt account website does not recognise I have installed it. They told me they were reading the instructions for BTVirus Protect but could not solve the problem and so then offereed to send me a copy. They suggested I leave it for a couple of hours and see if it had updated. I left it for 4 hurs but it is still the same even when I use a different browser to get there.

She told me to ring again if it still did not workl but it was so hard work lastbtime and they did not sem to be able to help I am loathe to do that.

Any ideas welcome.

0 Ratings
1 REPLY 1
Highlighted
Message 2 of 2

Re: BTMcAfee Antivirus Protect

Hi @AndreR Thanks for posting and welcome to the BT.com community forums, I'm sorry to see you're having problems with your recently installed BT Virus protect. I've sent you a Private Message with details on how you can get in contact with the mod team and we'll raise this with the team who can help.

0 Ratings