Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Jim3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 4

BTOpenreach Now on Twitter

Go to solution

Just a heads up, that the @OpenreachGB account (https://twitter.com/openreachgb) went live on March 1.

14 members of Openreach staff will be managing the account (working 08:00-20:00 7 days a week) and they will engage with members of the public over certain issues:

- Fibre availability (this will be the main one I suspect people will be happy to hear)
- Network equipment
- How Openreach is set up with ISPs
- Workmanship complaints
- New Sites enquiries
- Driving complaints
- H&S issues
- Thanking issues
- Misc issues (e.g. cable theft)
- Network Damage
- Working for Openreach

The following issues are ISP related, so the customer will be advised to speak to their ISP:

- Problems with service
- Missed appointments
- Ethernet service enquiries

not my info but may be of some use

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTOpenreach Now on Twitter

Go to solution

Nothing more than was already available. All the items listed that you can "engage" Openreach with on their Twitter account were already on their website albeit by phone or email. https://www.openreach.co.uk/orpg/home/contactus/contactus.do

0 Ratings
Jim3
Aspiring Contributor
Message 3 of 4

Go to solution

Nevertheless it is another platform that gives another route to access  that some may be more familiar with,

Just being a new BT client I didn't know about the other methods of 'engaging' with OpenReach.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

Go to solution

If you check through the forum, the issues that Openreach will engage in with the public are not exactly in great demand where as the list of things that they won't engage in with the public are the things that are most complained about on this forum and other ISPs forums who use the Openreach so it is in my opinion a meaningless gesture by Openreach.

0 Ratings