cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Rapmaster
Message 1 of 3

BTWIFI-with-FON opt out issues

Hi All, I have recently left BT but still use the SmartHub for wifi. It appears to still be broadcasting the BTWifi-with-FON signal. As I'm no longer a customer there seems no point to this so would like to opt-out of the service. I use my BTID to log into 'My BT' but cannot find the option to change my BTwifi status on this page: http://bt.custhelp.com/app/answers/detail/a_id/12958/~/how-do-i-opt-out-of-bt-wi-fi%3F Any help is gratefully received. Thanks, RM
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTWIFI-with-FON opt out issues

Are you sure it is your hub broadcasting the signal and not another hub nearby?  If it definitely is your hub, try a factory reset by pressing the recessed button with a pin for about 20 seconds until the lights flash. In any case, there will be no internet connectivity via the BTwifi signal as you are not connected to the BT network.

Opting out will have no effect in any case as your hub would need to be connected to a BT service for the opt out to be delivered to it.

Message 3 of 3

Re: BTWIFI-with-FON opt out issues

Good morning @Rapmaster and welcome to the community.

Thanks for posting about your opt out issue. @licquorice is spot on here with his advice. Try a full reset of the hub. It's unlilely to be your hub that's broadcasting and opting out won't have any affect if your not connected to a BT Service.

Cheers

David

Community ModeratorDaveM
Did you get the help you needed?
Help others by clicking on ‘Mark as accepted solution’
Show your appreciation!
Click on the star next to a reply to say thanks
Help guide to using the community? Click below
Kudos”Kudos”
0 Ratings