Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 33

Re: BTWiFi + FON

Go to solution

Have you unticked 'automatically connect me to my home hub when in range' inthe BT wifi app settings?

TimeLord16
Beginner
Message 12 of 33

Go to solution

Just tried unticking "Automatically reconnect" - still will not connect to my FON.

Will try to connect to other BT Hubs later this moirning.

0 Ratings
TimeLord16
Beginner
Message 13 of 33

Go to solution

OK, so to update the situation, it seems that I can connect to any other WiFi service (with password if required) but NOT to BTWiFi + FON.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 14 of 33

Go to solution

Don't post the user name and password,  are you using your BTID and password to log on to BTWifi or some other username and password and if so is it an email address?

0 Ratings
TimeLord16
Beginner
Message 15 of 33

Go to solution

Log details are email address & a password.

Spoken to BT Technical & have the following:-

1. You cannot connect to your own Home Hub FON service (even though I can connect to it by laptop) - so I've been wasting my time.

2. BT cannot guarantee connection to any other BT Hub + FON - it may be busy or not a strong signal.

3. Just because I can "see" a BTWiFi + FON signal does not guarantee a connection.

0 Ratings
TimeLord16
Beginner
Message 16 of 33

Go to solution

To clkarify - using BT logon details.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 33

Go to solution

There is one thing you can try, while at home, and that is to factory reset your home hub, if you have not already tried that.

That will remove any cached entries which may be preventing your mobile device MAC address being authenticated.

Then try connecting to your own BT WiFi/FON signal.

Have you also tried uninstalling then re-installing the BT Wifi app?

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Communityhelp (Private website) Lots of additional information and help.
You will need to be connected to your home BT Broadband connection to view it, or any links to it that I post on this forum.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 18 of 33

Go to solution

I can use my android phone and connect to my BTWIFI/Fon so I think they are fobbing you off

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 33

Go to solution

@TimeLord16 wrote:

Log details are email address & a password.

Spoken to BT Technical & have the following:-

1. You cannot connect to your own Home Hub FON service (even though I can connect to it by laptop) - so I've been wasting my time. They are telling you complete rubbish

2. BT cannot guarantee connection to any other BT Hub + FON - it may be busy or not a strong signal. True

3. Just because I can "see" a BTWiFi + FON signal does not guarantee a connection. Also true as the hub concerned  may not be even connected to the internet.

TimeLord16
Beginner
Message 20 of 33

Go to solution

OK, so I have already uninstalled/re-installed the BT WiFi app - no difference.

Now I have done as you suggested - 1. Factory rest   2. Uninstall BT WiFi app again.

Everything back on line but exactly the same result - BTWiFi with FON connects then drops out after 2 secs.

0 Ratings