cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
fordp
Beginner
Message 1 of 3

BTWiFi-X: iOS Profile installed but never connects?

I have 2 iOS Devices, an iPhone X and an iPad. Both have the BT WiFi app downloaded and the auto-connect profile installed but neither are able to connect to BTWiFi-X hotspots.

I'm able to manually connect to BT FON and Openzone by logging in manually (which is frustrating) but the auto-connect feature has never worked.

When trying to connect to BTWiFi-X I get the error message "Unable to join the network BTWiFi-X", and upon opening the BT WiFi app I get a message saying "Unable to login to BT WiFi, the saved login details may be incorrect" and asking me to update them.

The login details I'm using are the exact same ones as I use to manually connect to BTWiFi-With-FON and BT Openzone via the login page that opens up when you connect, and they work fine, but will not accept these credentials using the app and profile.

What am I doing wrong? Why will the app allow me to log in using my email and password, and allow me to download the profile, but then tell me the details are wrong when trying to connect?

I've tried calling BT WiFi support but they just keep telling me the details are correct and it "should work"
0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTWiFi-X: iOS Profile installed but never connects?

@fordpwrote:
I have 2 iOS Devices, an iPhone X and an iPad. Both have the BT WiFi app downloaded and the auto-connect profile installed but neither are able to connect to BTWiFi-X hotspots.

I'm able to manually connect to BT FON and Openzone by logging in manually (which is frustrating) but the auto-connect feature has never worked.

When trying to connect to BTWiFi-X I get the error message "Unable to join the network BTWiFi-X", and upon opening the BT WiFi app I get a message saying "Unable to login to BT WiFi, the saved login details may be incorrect" and asking me to update them.

The login details I'm using are the exact same ones as I use to manually connect to BTWiFi-With-FON and BT Openzone via the login page that opens up when you connect, and they work fine, but will not accept these credentials using the app and profile.

What am I doing wrong? Why will the app allow me to log in using my email and password, and allow me to download the profile, but then tell me the details are wrong when trying to connect?

I've tried calling BT WiFi support but they just keep telling me the details are correct and it "should work"

Hi @fordp

I have the same problem with a support call open. BT call me every two weeks or so to inform me they haven't updated the BT-WiFi app to correct the problem yet. It is a known issue and was even told the next update is unlikely to fix it. I suspected it was something to do with my non-btinternet.com email BT ID but they say no.

0 Ratings
fordp
Beginner
Message 3 of 3

Re: BTWiFi-X: iOS Profile installed but never connects?

When I created my account I used my personal email as my login. I suspected this was the problem and set up a btinternet email and changed my ID but this did not fix the problem.

I'm starting to think, after speaking with a couple of other people, that the cause is in fact the non-btinternet email that causes the issue
0 Ratings