Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
cjbrant
Message 41 of 47

Re: BTWiFi-X

Go to solution
Yes do it seems
The lass at BT was quite insistent that wifi-x was only for Business Customers but reinstalling the connection profile has got me back on...
Chris..
0 Ratings
TehJumpingJawa
Aspiring Contributor
Message 42 of 47

Go to solution

It's not like security certificates are an apple only feature, it's just BT haven't got around to updating their android app to include certificate installation.

So has anyone got a manual download link for the BT WiFi X certificate, so I can manually install it on my 'droid?

0 Ratings
dwiddowson
Message 43 of 47

Go to solution

So for now then it's an Apple only feature? Figures 😕

0 Ratings
WotNotAgain
Message 44 of 47

Go to solution

If you signed up for 'BT WiFi with FON' so that you can use BT Hotspots anywhere, you will have agreed to allow others to use your Router (Hotspot) too. You have to 'opt out' of allowing others to use your Router (Hotspot) to have sole use of your Router WiFi signal.

FYI. In checking signal strength, noise, security, transmission speed etc - the 'overall network quality rating' for the best of my 3 BT WiFi-X sources is better than the best of my 3 Fibre Optic Broadband signals. But this is due to the much higher security rating that it has over other connections - no actual 'working' performance differene. 

I too noticed the BT WiFi-X coming up in the list of possible connections, and like others I checked out where the source was and found it to be my Router. In discussing a Broadband issue about 2 weeks ago with BT I mentioned the BT WiFi-X connection and they just said that some other BT customer must have renamed their Router BT WiFi-X, but not so. 

For some strange reason BT are not owning up to knowing much about BT WiFi-X or not very clear - unless you have the BT WiFi App........ 

0 Ratings
Robbie
Contributor
Message 45 of 47

Go to solution

Not correct.  The sign-up allows other BT FON-registered customers to use BT's own wifi/router equipment that they have provided to you.  If you have your own wifi/router then BT will not be able to use it for FON duties, but as a FON-registered user you will still be able to use the FON service from others when you are out and about.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
tarai5
Message 46 of 47

Go to solution

I'm sorry you feel 'cheated' but BT own the right as you are renting their hub for your Wifi at home/work. They have the legal aspects well-covered so save your money re solicitor/s.

The 'free' hot spots are there for us all to use and apart from security paranoia, my personal view has always been to access the Internet using anyone's wifi hub so long as you are in range. Once upon a time, only a few people could afford to connect so were the only ones paying for an Internet connection; now we 'all' have a connection and pay a fee so it's no big deal if others use it apart from whether or not it slows down our own usage. When everything is fibre optics, there won't be a problem with speed. When we have a saturated UK WiFi system, we'll all rejoice. Canada is or has been, almost backward re GSM and they pay the highest fees in the world for cell phone access but their 'hotspots' outnumber ours terrifically and considering their physical geography, we shouldn't complain - that's my opinion anyhow.

0 Ratings
tarai5
Message 47 of 47

Go to solution

As stated, you simply need to get the App. Go to Google Playstore and search BTWiFi. You will find the App. Download it and follow the instructions (Already a BT Customer etc.)

It is not an IOS feature or exclusive to but available to Android and Windopws smartphones. My son-in-law has it and I downloaded it tonight - everything works well.

For computers, go to BT WiFi and do the same (log on/sign in) through your browser. Good luck.

0 Ratings