Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 11 of 47

Re: BTWiFi-X

Go to solution

Good luck with that. You might want to read the terms and conditions of your service first though.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/termsandconditions?docId=28238&pageTit...

0 Ratings
Distinguished Expert
Distinguished Expert
Message 12 of 47

Go to solution

@licquorice wrote:

Good luck with that. You might want to read the terms and conditions of your service first though.

https://www.productsandservices.bt.com/consumerOrders/control/termsandconditions?docId=28238&pageTit...

The OP needs a smart meter. These are being introduced by energy suppliers (at no cost).

It's unlikely that it will have the resolution to monitor the extra power consumption, even over a month, or three months.

However it will be accurate, in accordance with standards.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 13 of 47

Go to solution

siralberthall

Couple of things for you to consider.

Contained in the BT Terms and Conditions, which I'm sure you and your solicitor will have read as you don't appear to be the type of person to agree to a contract with out having checked them, you will have seen that as part of the package you signed up and agreed to by taking the package, was that you would be opted into BTWifi. You will also be aware that you could also opt out if you did not want this which you have now done.

The Homehub uses less than £10 worth of electricity per annum. It uses this when the Homehub is switched on whether or not it is broadcasting BTWifi. How do you propose to work out how much BTWifi has used and "stolen". I ask so that it can assist all the other BT customers you have recommended follow your lead.

You are obviously incorrect stating that your post would be deleted as can clearly be seen other wise I would not have been able to reply to it.

Please keep this thread updated how you get on when you contact your solicitor and what advice he gave you. Could you also keep us updated with how you get on contacting the Police about the "theft of electricity".

0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 14 of 47

Go to solution

@TinyBiscuit wrote:

Thanks for the information. I looked at the broadcast information using WirelessMon and all three homehub devices near me are broadcasting the new BTWiFi-X hotspot, so it looks legit, though it does seem like there's little to no information about the change anywhere on BT's site, which is a bit odd. I'll try installing the connection profile via the app later today, presumably this means that only smart devices can use BTWiFi-X hotspots then, not PCs and laptops?

Read this

http://www.btplc.com/news/articles/showarticle.cfm?articleid=%7B2b5f7e38-2551-47d6-9d01-21f44cb25d26...

It now appears that BT is currently rolling out an update to the Home Hub 4 A that causes it to broadcast a BTWiFi-X SSID.

Note that this update does not change the Firmware Version and there is no other indication  of the change unless you monitor the TR069 Event Log.

0 Ratings
dfenceman
Expert
Message 15 of 47

Go to solution

Hi,

Does anyone know if one is able to access BTWiFi-X from Windows 7 or 8 yet please ?

If so, could you post some instructions please ?

Best regards,
dfenceman
0 Ratings
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 16 of 47

Go to solution

@dfenceman wrote:

Hi,

Does anyone know if one is able to access BTWiFi-X from Windows 7 or 8 yet please ?

If so, could you post some instructions please ?

It is only available on Windows 8.1

http://apps.microsoft.com/windows/en-gb/app/bt-wi-fi/3b3be858-ceb4-4745-943c-caca3a0b5610

Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 17 of 47

Go to solution

is this not just BTWIFI app for windows 8?  that is not the same as BTWIFI-X

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
l228933
Message 18 of 47

Go to solution

I have not read the terms in full (Who does) but im informed its in your terms and conditions. This is one of the reasons I joined BT the the huge BT Wifi access. Ive been chasing to get BT to turn my on sone I upgraded to the new HUB5. If your trying to connect to the BT Wifi or BT X from home I hve found you wont get logged on. You can only log on from other routers.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 19 of 47

Go to solution
I can log in to BTWIFI or BTWIFI-X from my HH5. maybe you need to delete all your saved btwifI connections and then try gain

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
vofsanity2
Recognised Expert
Message 20 of 47

Go to solution

@imjolly wrote:

is this not just BTWIFI app for windows 8?  that is not the same as BTWIFI-X

This suggests otherwise

http://home.bt.com/tech-gadgets/tech-guides/how-to-use-the-bt-wi-fi-app-11363896271683

0 Ratings