cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
MADCHESTERCITY
Aspiring Contributor
Message 1 of 7

BTWiFi & BTWiFi-with-Fon hotspots

I read there was a 10,000 minute limit to the usage on these so asked one of the Indian people on the Live Chat about what happens but she kept asking/giving entirely different answers so I just gave up.

I think she said that if you go over then it adds on to your normal home limit, so am I right in thinking that because I have Unlimited Infinity, then I can use them as much as I want?

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 2 of 7

Re: BTWiFi & BTWiFi-with-Fon hotspots

Wrong info. What happens is that when you reach 10,000 minutes in a month you have to keep logging in every 30 mins for the rest of the month. Then it goes back to normal.

See Q2 here.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 7

I reckon 10,000 minutes is about 5.5 hours per day every day for a month. Do you think you will exceed that?

0 Ratings
MADCHESTERCITY
Aspiring Contributor
Message 4 of 7

Perhaps not intentionally, but if I left it on overnight or something like that, it could add up very quickly!
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 5 of 7

I think BTWifi cuts out after a set time if not used. I think it is 15 minutes.

0 Ratings
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 6 of 7

@gg30340 wrote:

I think BTWifi cuts out after a set time if not used. I think it is 15 minutes.

Correct. That's why they advise you to log out, so you don't get an extra 15 mins added. You'd have to be pretty desperate to worry about that though, unless you're paying for BT Wi-Fi.

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
conrad
Recognised Expert
Message 7 of 7

I also think that you can only connect for 2 hours at a time before having to log back in.

0 Ratings