cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Brett2
Message 1 of 3

BTWiFi with FON has become constantly slow!!

I am a paying BT customer and I have just moved house and I must wait until the 15th until my hub is back up and running so I have been using the FON from a nearby hub and it has been a tolerable speed which allowed me to stream videos such as Netflix and YouTube and the only problem would be having to re-log into the BTWiFi with FON every now and then, not a big issue, however over the last couple of days the FON has become constantly slow, webpages often refuse to even load and when it is running I can't even watch a YouTube video in 144p without buffering. It has been consistently like this for the past couple days. I also doubt it is because the home of the hub has priority since this is happening constantly throughout the day and night at all hours. Any suggestions as to what I can do??

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: BTWiFi with FON has become constantly slow!!

The hub that you are getting your BTWifi-Fon signal from probably needs to be reset. Unless you know who the owner of the hub there is nothing you can do about it. BT can not reset it for you.

You could try "forgetting" the BTWifi-Fon connection that you have and rescan for wireless networks and you may be able to find another BTWifi network to connect to.

Distinguished Sage
Message 3 of 3

Re: BTWiFi with FON has become constantly slow!!

There is nothing you can do it is possible that the connection you are using is not performing fully 

0 Ratings