Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Highlighted
Expert
Message 1 of 10

BTWifi 'Check my Status'page doesn't work

Go to solution

Hello everyone,

Following a Firmware Update I am now trying to Opt Out of BTWifi.  Went to the 'Check my status' page, entered my bt email ad. and password, clicked on "Check my Status" but couldn't go any further.  Was taken back to empty field boxes aside of which said in red lettering "Username is required" and "Password is required", both of which I'd already given. What do I do?

0 Ratings
9 REPLIES 9
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 10

Re: BTWifi 'Check my Status'page doesn't work

Go to solution

If you mean this site https://my.bt.com/wifi/secure/index.do?s_cid=con_FURL_btwifi&utm_source=ATL&utm_medium=FURL&utm_cont... it did the same to me.

I then went into MyBT and Opted out through that. Note, you will have to Opt in first and wait couple of hours and then Opt out. At the next TR69 event (occurs once daily normally) you should be Opted out.

Mine took 24 hours.

Good luck!

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 3 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks Dippu but do you mean I need to go to Mybt then click on the ACTIVATE button to Opt In, even though the recent Firmware has automatically Opted me In?
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 4 of 10

Go to solution

@ljm Yes, because the hub's default is Opted in and a Factory Reset will enable it. When you go into MyBT it will still show "Not Active" and for some reason the hub does not automatically read this and disable the BT Fon.

To get around this you Opt in and wait a couple of hours and then Opt out. Keep an eye on your System Log for the next TR69 event and it will disable the BT Fon.

I have done this many times and it always works 24 to 48 hours.

The only strange thing about your hub is that the Firmware update should not have Opted you in. It should have kept all your settings.

Highlighted
Expert
Message 5 of 10

Go to solution
ok dippu, I will try it and wait 48 hrs to see if it has worked. thanks. I wonder why the BTWifi Status page can't do it anymore! and I have to go through MyBt.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 6 of 10

Go to solution
It has not worked for me! I have tried every way possible to OPT OUT of BTWifi............... via MyBT, the BTWifi page (which doesn't even recognise my email ad or password), googled it to find out other ways to OPT OUT. It's been 5 days now since I tried but still no result.
BT, why are you making something that should be so easy to do, so difficult!
Would one of the Moderators please help me to OPT OUT of this BTWifi, as I don't know what else I can do.
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 7 of 10

Go to solution

Moderators, I'm still awaiting reply to my post of yesterday (18.6.19) requesting assistance please.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Aspiring Expert
Message 8 of 10

Go to solution

Email bt.wifi.admin@bt.com with your request to have BT Wi-fi disabled and include your hub serial number.

Copy it from the hub technical log as it needs to include all the symbols not just numbers.

0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 9 of 10

Go to solution
Thanks Jonathan for replying.
Following your advice, I have just sent the email............. so fingers crossed!!
0 Ratings
Highlighted
Expert
Message 10 of 10

Go to solution
All's well that ends well................. my BTWif has been disabled as requested. Thanks
0 Ratings