Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
luminizelaura
Beginner
Message 1 of 9

BTWifi with FON hotspot issues

Go to solution

Hi all, been using this hotspot for about a month or so when a day ago it simply stopped working, I waited for a while to see if it would work again but no dice. I can connect to the network just fine (Windows 10) but when I try to access the logon page it just won't load it, no matter what, I've tried different MAC addresses, different IP addresses, both my desktop and my laptop won't work. But what's strange is that my iPhone works just fine. (the one thing i can't tether a wifi connection with). At my wits end here, losing contact with my loved ones during this lockdown 😞

Postcode is IP28 7FP if that helps

Tags (3)
0 Ratings
8 REPLIES 8
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 2 of 9

Re: BTWifi with FON hotspot issues

Go to solution

Is this somebody elses BT internet that you're accessing through Fon?

0 Ratings
pottyperson
Distinguished Guru
Distinguished Guru
Message 3 of 9

Go to solution

Could it be something to do with the Fair Use Policy?

--
You can click the thumbs up icon below this message if you think it was helpful.
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 4 of 9

Go to solution

Another possibility is that their either using their internet more than normal and there's not enough bandwidth left over for Fon or they could have disabled Fon completely... 

0 Ratings
luminizelaura
Beginner
Message 5 of 9

Go to solution

if they had disabled FON entirely then it would make no sense as to how I can use it just fine on my iPhone (what i’m sending this from)

0 Ratings
NigelB72
Recognised Expert
Message 6 of 9

Go to solution

Have you tried the device in question on another Fon Hotspot?

0 Ratings
gg30340
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 7 of 9

Go to solution

It could be that your phone is connecting to a different BTWifi signal.

If the landing page does not open try clearing the history/cookies from your browser or try typing www.btwifi.com into your browser.

If that doesn't work you should try "forgetting" all the BTWifi signals showing on your laptop and  PC and then re-scan or try a reset of your wireless network card on the PC and laptop and after restarting the devices see if it will connect.

luminizelaura
Beginner
Message 8 of 9

Go to solution

i did a full reset of all of my network adapters and settings, and as ever connecting to the network is no problem, getting to the landing page is. it instead takes me to a page stating “You may have lost your connection to the BTWiFi signal.”, a site that is clearly not seen often as it hasn’t even been updated to the new BT rebranding.

0 Ratings
luminizelaura
Beginner
Message 9 of 9

Go to solution
Spoiler
UPDATE; CLEARING COOKIES AND CACHE WORKED
0 Ratings