cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 11

BTWifi-with-FON

Hi there,

How can I ensure I’m opted out of the BT WiFi network/BTwifi with FON? I’m pretty sure I went into “my BT” and opted out but when I check my router settings it still appears to be opted in?

Some assistance in turning it off / opting out would be appreciated. 

0 Ratings
10 REPLIES 10
Message 2 of 11

Re: BTWifi-with-FON

It can take up to 28 days before your hub shows btwifi as off. Just need to wait

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 3 of 11

Hi,

Thanks for the reply, but I can confirm it’s been over 28 days since processed it as off in my account yet it’s still showing as on within the router. How can I escalate it to get it switched off as originally requested?

Cheers 

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 11

Hi @Lukecoleman8 I suggest you repeat the opt in/out again from my BT. Then switch off your hub for few hours or leave it overnight if you're not using broadband. 

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 11

Hey,

Appreciate the reply and suggestion but I’ve tried the opt in/out process already with no luck. Is there anyone I can escalate it to from within BT who can just ensure it’s disabled once and for all for me? 

thanks 

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 11

Hi , can anyone help? Tried all the suggested steps yet it’s still “on” via the router settings. 

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 11

Hi @Lukecoleman8 which hub you are using now? Is there any particular reason that you want to opt out? 

0 Ratings
Message 8 of 11

Hi, I’m using the latest smart hub 2. I have no need for the facility and hence want it off. As I said opted out months ago, yet it’s still even after rebooting my router showing as “on” within settings. 

0 Ratings
Message 9 of 11

I have asked mods to help you opt out btwifi. They will post here

If you like a post, or want to say thanks for a helpful answer, please click on the Ratings 'Thumbs up' on left hand side.
If someone answers your question correctly please let other members know by clicking on ’Mark as Accepted Solution’.
0 Ratings
Message 10 of 11

Thanks, much appreciated

0 Ratings