Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
noriga
Beginner
Message 1 of 4

BTWifi-with-Fon unable to connect with a Wifi Extender

Hi

I am using a laptop at the moment by which it's wifi adapter seem not be be as strong as the one I have been using so far with BT with fon.

To go around this issue I have borrowed a Netgear Range extender which has more range capacity than this laptop wifi adapter but for some reason does not want to connect to BTWifi-with-Fon as basically at the moment the Extender established connection to BTWifi-with-Fon instead of landing on the captive portal I am redirected back to the Extender Wifi List to connect to, and this after it clearly connects as I can see my Wifi changing name to the BTWifi-with-Fon SSID

Strange thing is that if I try to connect to BTWifi or BT Openzone this brings me to their respective authentication page meaning a succesful bridging to their network but then my authentication is obviously rejected as these are different contracts/packages..

My contract with BTWifi-with-Fon is free unlimited allowance given through my BT Mobile contract.

Looking at signals all of these Hotspots have similar reception strenght or atleast I can say that in my location I was able to connect with no issues to BTWifi-with-Fon with the previous laptop.

This is clear to me that THE BTWifi-with-Fon hotspot is rejecting my connection as perhaps they detect my device and see that is not a normal wifi adapter. If this is the case, how come that BT-Wifi is instead allowing me to connect with the range extender?

0 Ratings
3 REPLIES 3
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 4

Re: BTWifi-with-Fon unable to connect with a Wifi Extender

As far as I am aware you can not use a wifi extender with BTWifi-Fon.

0 Ratings
noriga
Beginner
Message 3 of 4

So why does it connect with the other two (BT-Wi-fi) and (BTWifi-x)?

0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 4

I have no idea. I am only passing what others have found and posted on the forum.

0 Ratings