cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 1 of 3

Bit confused how BTCloud really works......

Go to solution

Ok. Have been using OneDrive for a year to keep an online copy of my files (Docs, pics etc)

Discovered a couple of weeks ago i get double the storage with BT that i get from OneDrive.

So set BT CLoud up and have been uploading my files.

Did some testing today and not sure i quite "get" how BTCloud works vs OneDrive.

If i have a folder on my PC which i have defined under the backup tab all the files are uploaded to BTCloud. However if i then change a file that also gets uploaded/updated. If i delete a file from my PC its stays in the BTCloud online folder.... I thought, as with OneDrive, the online version would also delete. Does this mean that over time my online folders will just continue to fill up with old files i have long deleted. The online help pages seem to be referring to an old version.

Should i have moved my files on my PC to the BTCloud folder if i wanted it to "Sync" as per OneDrive?

All comments gratefully recieved.....

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
JoeeeeeeR
Aspiring Expert
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bit confused how BTCloud really works......

Go to solution

Hi there,

The 'BT Cloud' sync folder works exactly as OneDrive does - if you put stuff in the folder then it'll automatically back up the contents to BT Cloud, and if you delete something from the folder then the file will move to the 'Deleted Items' section of BT Cloud.

If you set folders to 'Back Up' using the desktop software then they just get backed up, but deletions don't sync. The setup I have is that I have set things like pictures and videos to 'Back Up' (as i'd never want to delete these), and I keep stuff that I reguarlly work on but may well delete in the future in the BT Cloud sync folder.

Hope this helps!

Joe

PB54
Aspiring Expert
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bit confused how BTCloud really works......

Go to solution

Brilliant.

Totally clear explanation of the way it works and simplier than the omnline guides i've read.

Thanks

0 Ratings