Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ajt007
Beginner
Message 1 of 7

Broadband/bt fon

Go to solution
hello,my broadband has just been capped as I needed to go onto the bt basics package,this means I have a 10gb cap.
My question is my router is the only one in my area for fon,if I connect to fon via my own router will this still count towards my usage or fon usage?.O have tried to search but an not find anything..
If I'm on the basics package are fon wifi minutes unlimited?
Hope someone might explain this for me.
Many thanks
Anthony.
0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 7

Re: Broadband/bt fon

Go to solution

Using BTWifi-Fon does not count against your broadband usage. Many people use it as a work around the cap. Be aware that using BTWifi is slower than your normal broadband and is limited to 8Mbps download speed. You will also be have to log on every 30 mins if you exceed the 10,100 minutes fair usage policy.

See link

https://www.btwifi.co.uk/terms-and-conditions/fair-use-policy.jsp

0 Ratings
ajt007
Beginner
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution
Hi many thanks for that information,please could you clarify that this is still the case if I'm using my own router to access fon as I'm the only one in my local area to have BT/bt fon there are no other bt users in my proximity.
Kind regards
Anthony
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Yes

0 Ratings
ajt007
Beginner
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you very much for taking the time to help me.
I notice your avatar for help for heroes..well you just helped another..I'm disabled due to injuries sustained while serving in the army,I have a war disablement pension so the goverment take it into account for benefits so hence the reason I need to be on bt basics as they cut my ESA as I get a war pension.
I apologise for the simple questions but I'm so short of money I was panicking about bandwidth as I don't want to be charged for being over my cap..I'm currently under the care of combat stress who have saved my life basically...
Once again many thanks for your kind replys.
Anthony.
0 Ratings
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

No need to apologise about simple questions. They are only simple if you know the answer. Sorry to hear of your problems.  It may take time but hopefully things will improve for you in the future. Any other questions or problems just post back and I'm sure somebody on the forum will be able to help. 

0 Ratings
ajt007
Beginner
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution
Thank you
0 Ratings