cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Message 1 of 7

Bt Cloud downgrade

Go to solution

I had a 200GB allowance on Bt Cloud with 112GB used up. For no apparent reason I've suddenly been downgraded to a 10GB allowance.

So now my laptop is not backing up my work as there is no free space and, more worryingly, what happens to the 102GB currently stored that isn't now covered by the allowance?

I've already raised a complaint about this, which was acknowledged, and then roundly ignored.

Customer service is discouraging calls unless you're a vulnerable person, which I'm not. I'm just angry.

0 Ratings
6 REPLIES 6
Message 2 of 7

Re: Bt Cloud downgrade

Go to solution

Hi @Davy6-145 welcome to the community and thanks for posting, I'm really sorry to see your BT Cloud allowance has changed. Have there been any recent changes to your broadband service as different plans come with a range of storage allowances?

If you send over your details by relying on the private message I've sent we'll be happy to check this for you. 

0 Ratings
Message 3 of 7

Go to solution

I was sent a new hub in the Spring. Something to do with fibre, even though there's no fibre here. 

But I wasn't notified of any change to my plan and I certainly wouldn't have accepted any change that downgraded my allowance.

0 Ratings
Message 4 of 7

Go to solution

Two weeks on and still no sign of this being resolved. I've had to start backing my work up onto Google Drive.

And no indication whether my files that aren't now covered by my allowance are actually safe, or whether I need to start backing up those files up onto Google Drive as well.

0 Ratings
Message 5 of 7

Go to solution

Hi @Davy6-145  sorry that this has taken longer than I had hoped to fix. There was a change to your cloud storage limit last night. Please can you check and let me know if it is now showing the 200GB or still the 10GB.

cheers

John

0 Ratings
Message 6 of 7

Go to solution

Still just 10.

0 Ratings
Message 7 of 7

Go to solution

Back up to 200GB now.

I've marked this as resolved now, but I'm still disappointed with the time it took to get here.

0 Ratings