cancel
Showing results for 
Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jaymorley
Contributor
Message 1 of 3

Bt NetProtect Plus - Quarantine Issue

I have a program which is being quarantined due to BT NetProtect thinking it's some form of virus. I've attempted to add it as an excluded file or folder however both state that it cannot be excluded 'because it's a critical systems file or folder & excluding could cause a serious security issue'. 

I've also attempted to restore the file from the quarantined section, which states that 'once restored, a trusted file will not be quarantined in future scans.' After restoring the file a few minutes later the system automatically scans and puts it back into quarantine. 

The program in question enables my disabled daughter to access games which would otherwise be unplayable. Any help would be greatly appreciated. 

0 Ratings
2 REPLIES 2
Distinguished Sage
Distinguished Sage
Message 2 of 3

Re: Bt NetProtect Plus - Quarantine Issue

BTNetprotect is just a re-badged McAfee product so you would probably get more help with this if you post on the McAfee forum.

0 Ratings
jaymorley
Contributor
Message 3 of 3

Re: Bt NetProtect Plus - Quarantine Issue

Tried the McAfee forum plus contacted their support. Their support told me to uninstall McAfee, install the program and then install McAfee again which would then ignore anything currently on the PC. No surprise that it didn't work.

Bit of a joke really. 

0 Ratings